Re: parted integration

From: Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:39:39 +0200

Am 22.08.2006 um 08:39 schrieb David Cuthbert:

Gergo Szakal wrote:
configure: error: Unknown or unsupported OS "dragonfly". Only linux and gnu are supported.

I don't get it. Why do people insist on using autoconf to adapt to an OS' quirks when a package only supports one OS?

Maybe I'm missing something, but "Linux" isn't "one OS" and autoconf's primary goal is to detect all the quirks of an OS by it's self. Ideally, make "dragonfly" a known OS, then start installation and watch problems magically going away.

Surely we don't live in an ideal world, but short of hand-coding I'm not aware of an better approach.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/