Re: How to get Flash to work in Firefox/Konqueror

From: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:47:19 +0200

Am Dienstag, 22. August 2006 08:59 schrieb Nigel Weeks:
> How come linux binaries are required? Are these plugins binary-only
> releases?
>
> It's a shame Firefox doesn't adopt one of the OS flash players, and roll it
> into their code for platforms that don't have native plugins...

Which other feasible flash players besides Adobe's are available? Gnash seems
to be not production-ready. I think, using some Linux apps via emulation is
the price of using a "niche desktop OS".

I would really like to see OpenGL hardware acceleration for DFly (and other
OSS systems), because I think, the "free" Desktops will use it in future
extensively (see XGL, AIGLX, Xorg 7.1 as a foretaste) and it could  prevent
the wider use of DFly on desktops in future. But OSS drivers for graphic
cards seems to be hopeless, at least in the near future :-(

Thomas