Re: KDE: volume setting doesn't work

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:27:55 -0700

Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
> Hi,

> My problem: KDE's volume setting app, KMix, doesn't seem to find a sound/mixer

The kdemultimedia3 port needed a minor update.  I put
my attempt here:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~wa1ter/kdemm3.tgz

Just untar the file in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia and
build/install as usual.  You might want to move the
existing kdemultimedia3 directory out of the way
first.

I haven't actually listened to the sound from my
DFly box because it's a bit of a hassle to hook it
up, but the mixer actually does appear to work now,
visually at least.

Let me know if it works for you.