Re: seeking laptop users

From: Johannes Hofmann <Johannes.Hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 19 Mar 2006 16:25:35 GMT

I am running DragonFly on a Thinkpad T42p for quite a while now.
The builtin em(4) ethernet card, sound, wifi (ipw(4)), and pcmcia
slots work out of the box.
I added /usr/ports/sysutils/est from FreeBSD to reduce the power usage.
It's also good to set the DynamicClocks options of the radeon(4) driver
in xorg.conf, to keep the system cool.
Suspend to memory does basically work, but some drivers have issues after
resume, so I prefer booting the system.
Accellerated 3d graphics and Bluetooth do not yet work, but that's not
a high priority for me.

  Johannes