Re: seeking laptop users

From: Oliver Fromme <check+iwffwl00rsbt4y47@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Mar 2006 13:17:04 GMT

Justin C. Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Along the same lines, has anyone put together a server recently with a
 > focus on low power usage?

I've bought a VIA EPIA PD-10000 with 1 GHz C3-Nehemia
processor.  I have to confess that it's running FreeBSD
right now, but I booted DragonFly BSD once (just out of
curiosity) and there weren't any problems.

That machine is my private DSL router (it has two NICs
onboard), firewall and file server which is running 24h,
so I wanted a low-power system with still enough CPU
power to fulfill its tasks.  The EPIA fits that nicely.

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  If interested, here's dmesg (from FreeBSD 6), pciconf
and sysctl hw/dev output:

http://www.secnetix.de/~olli/dmesg/epia/