Re: learning c programming

To: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:59:57 +0100

Erik Wikström wrote:

My highly subjective oppinion: For the same price you'll get a couple of high quality books and while it might be harder (and take longer) to read them I'm quite sure that you'll learn more that way. And the books are much better when used as a reference. For a list of good books check out http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/
or ask in
http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/

Erik Wikström

There's an online C book: http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book

While it's not up to date with respect to C99 it's definitely not too bad for learning the first steps.

There's also a C book in Wikibooks: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:C_contents

Regards,
Sascha