Re: Possible Filesystem Corruption

From: John Duncan <agley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Aug 2005 07:24:18 +1000

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     It's possible that you may have caught the system in the middle of
>     the 'stat' update that Joerg made.   That would seriously confuse
>     the shells if they were not completely recompiled.
>
>     The only way to tell is to do a complete buildworld/installworld/
>     buildkernel/installkernel sequence and to then see if the problem
>     reoccurs.

     I have done this, please see my reply to your other mail. To
     clarify for you the only errors I get are ICRC UDMA errors
     when booting but DragonFly downgrades to PIO4 mode every time.

     The nightly report last night thought I should know

     Preloaded elf kernel "/kernel" at 0xc069000

     I don't know if this is significant ?

>     We need to get a core dump to track down this issue.  This is
>     related to the shutdown code not being able to flush all the buffers.
>
>     It could very well be that this *IS* a driver issue, but in that case
>     I would have expected I/O errors to be reported on the console as well.
>
> 					-Matt

       I will probably re-install when these big changes occur and will
       try to figure out how to get a core dump then if it happens
       again.

                            All the best,
                             John Duncan