Re: BIND 9.3 in base

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 22:12:13 +0200

walt wrote:
<cut>>
IMO the reason IPV6 has not been pushed in the U.S. is that Micro$oft
thinks it is not important for their bottom line.  When and if that
time arrives you can bet that the adoption of IPV6 in the U.S. will be
$wift (and expen$ive for M$ cu$tomer$).

No, I'm not cynical -- my wife is entirely wrong about that...

Microsoft perhaps not tends to promote IPv6 public but they do have it implemented in 2003 server and XP. So their equal on that subject with SUN, Novell, Red Hat, Oracle and just about every other bigger IT related company I am aware of.

Bashing MS is perhaps easy but I feel it is not relevant in this specific subject.

However I am biased as I use much MS technology, just about the same as I use Apple's, BSD's, Solaris and Linux combined.
The trick for me is to use the right technology at the right place, the difficulty for me is to find the right match.
I do not use non-windows because I dislike MS but because I prefer a BSD licensed unix like system.

--
mph