Re: S.M.A.R.T support?

From: "Thomas Edward Spanjaard" <t.e.spanjaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:51:22 +0100

"Bill Hacker" <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4244c698$0$716$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In either/both cases, they provide finer-grained control
of ATA device features, but do NOT provide for RAID
control as atacontrol does.

As RAID control under NetBSD is device-specific, they won't put it in such a generic utility. Unless you have a common RAID interface to all adapters, I guess we're better off with separate utilities.

Will look at it later today.  Need some sleep now.
Preening, mounting and I/O is tiring w/o a computer.  ;-)

Have a good night's rest,
-- Thomas E. Spanjaard