Re: ATA anomaly Question

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:04:08 -0800 (PST)

:>>Fine with me - so long as it doesn't actually downshift I/O rate-wise.
:>>(which IIRC, the FreeBSD ones actually *did* do, at least early-on.
:>>Ancient history now...)
:>
:>
:> 	It certainly doesn't I've seen well over 40MB/s out of a SATA
:> drive with the limited to UDMA33 message.
:>
:
:Sounds good! - Few single drives can sustain even that in 'real world'
:use- regardless of the interface. Burst-mode is, of course, another matter.
:
:Thanks,
:
:Bill

    35-50 MBytes/sec is fairly typical for a modern drive these days.  The
    linear transfer rate goes up with density.  The head seek times, on the
    otherhand, haven't changed much over the last few years.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>