Re: DFly splash screen patch?

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:05:05 +0100

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

Has anyone made any progress getting the VESA Dfly bootup splash screen to
work?

Joerg Anslik and me have been discussing and looking into this. At least we know what goes wrong (the number of decoders - for PCX or BMP images - is 0 in DragonFly at the time the splash should pop up, while it is >0 in FreeBSD where the splash works).

We still don't know why this is so but I hope I'll have the time to set up a FreeBSD machine next weekend to compare code.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx