Re: Stabble Tag move

From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:55:27 +0100

On Mar 13, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 08:49:55PM +0100, Jasse Jansson wrote:

When you are at it, why don't you replace 'ed' to 'vi' in /bin ??? 'ed' was useful for teletype terminals, 'vi' are more suitable for modern hardware.

I don't think vi is very useful without termcap. termcap is in /usr. Guess what :) Basic file modifications can be done with cat alone :)

Oki, skip vi, but a more *visual* editor should be more user friendly. I once goofed with fstab and ended up in singel user mode. Fixing the mistake was NOT fun with ed, despite the fact that I own all five of the 4.4BSD manuals.

Joerg