Parallel Printing

From: John Duncan <agley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 08:53:26 +1000

Hi,
   When printing with a parallel printer I get a lot of messages on the
   console like,

   intr 7 at 55539 hz, livelocked ! limiting at 20000 hz
   intr 7 at 9959 hz, removing livelock limit.

   Switching to polled mode with lptcontrol(8) fixes this but I am
   wondering whether I should try,

   options DEVICE_POLLING

   in my kernel. I do have a dc0 ( AMDTek Comet ) NIC which is supposed
   to support this but reading LINT gives the impression that this is a
   work in progress.

   At the moment I am lucky enough that the GENERIC kernel supports all
   my hardware. I do have to disable acpi to get the floppy drive
   recognised though.

   Just updated STABLE but this made no difference to any of this. Very
   smooth update though, thank you !

                             Thanks for any help,
                                  John Duncan