Re: firewalls

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Should this be commented in the rc.* scripts themselves?  Something like:
:
:# WARNING: This file should not be modified.  It will be replaced
:# during the 'make upgrade' step of a system update.  For changes
:# local to this machine, use [insert procedure for rc.conf here]

    That would be overkill.

    What we need to do is install the files read-only just like we install
    the files in /etc/rc.d.  I will make the appropriate changes to
    the build to have it do that.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>