Re: firewalls

From: Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:10:58 -0500

On Thursday 21 October 2004 10:16, Freddie Cash wrote:

> DragonFlyBSD uses "make upgrade" instead of mergemaster.

I had a problem with make upgrade.  I found it clobbering some of my files,
particularly /etc/rc.firewall, which is where I have my ipfw rules.  Perhaps
this is not the correct location for custom rules, but I haven't found a
different place to put them. With mergemaster my rules wouldn't be clobbered
and I wouldn't have to go recover a copy of them.  Am I missing a better
place to put rules or is there something else to make upgrade I am missing?
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator