Re: NDIS code

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

:(Mark Cullen writes):
:
:Ah ha! Thank you!
:
:I'm looking on the cvsweb at both of them, since I don't have the disk space
:to checkout cvs tree's really. cvsweb also have the revision field on all
:the files :-)
:
:if_ndis.c is at 1.70 on FreeBSD, and 1.2 on DF ... so I guess it's getting a
:little outdated.

    Our CVS revs are different from FreeBSD's.  Look at the $FreeBSD tag in
    the source file, it's 1.65.

    So what that means is that for that particular source file we would have
    to diff -r1.65 -r1.70 if_ndis.c in the freebsd tree and bring in the
    pieces that make sense to bring it.  It can't be done verbatim, there
    are differences between DragonFly and FreeBSD that require some thought
    when bringin in work.

    I did a quick diff and it looks like there are some worthwhile changes
    in there that we should import.  I don't have time right now to check
    *all* the files we have to check, in the two directories I gave you
    before, at least not right now, but if someone would like to have a
    go at updating NDIS I would be happy to review and test the patch set!

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>