ports question (and problem)

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:34:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

  I tried building qt33 (well, it was a dependency really), was asked
about support for x, y and z (cups, nas, etc), accepted the defaults of
everything and off it went.

  After a while the build process returned to qt and I was told that the
library 'audio' did not exist.  Hmm.  OK, so a nas problem then.  But no
problem really since I don't care about nas anyway.

  So I tried 'make configure', but that apparently just used whatever I
had previously accepted.  OK.  I didn't expect it to be that easy.  Next
try 'make clean' followed by 'make configure'.  Same thing.  Hm.  After
reading the ports manpage I tried "INTERACTIVE='1' make configure" and got
the unhelpful message "qt-3.3.3 is not an interactive port.".  (So what
was that dialog then?  Something I dreamed?)

  I suppose it's easy enough to hack the makefile, but how are you
supposed to do this properly, that is, changing your mind about config
options?

Magnus