Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 nuked DFBSD disklabel

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:43:13 +0200

Johannes Hofmann wrote:
In order to try the ipw driver on FreeBSD, I wanted to install FreeBSD
5.3-BETA6 on my second slice. But the installer nuked my DragonFly BSD
disklabel for slice 1 even though I instructed the installer to leave the
MBR alone (I am not sure whether it really did...).
I even reproduced the problem after restoring my original DragonFly
installation :-)
Is this a known issue?
Could be. Need to investigate more as I reinstall things too often too on my test Opteron machine. Dual boot should go smoother. but I only play with freebsd 5.2.1 and Dfly since 5.3betas are not working on machine.

Tomaž