Re: linux emulation COMPAT_43 removal part 1

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 00:32:04 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I think a little heads up before these changes go in would be nice. Or :at least
:for the first set of changes as people might have to convert a few :private
:code bits and things that are in peoples commit que.
:
:-DR

    Mmm..  I dislike open-ended requests like this.  If there are specific
    modules that developers have broken open that they want a heads-up on,
    that would be a reasonable request.  Otherwise it puts a larger burden
    on the work being done then would otherwise be on the developer whos
    local changes might conflict (where it might take only a few minutes to
    fix the conflict, for example).

Seconded; it's hard to give heads-up's like these; let's avoid them. ;-)

-- Hiten (hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)