Re: Google Summer of Code

From: Mohit Dhingra <mohitdhingras@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:59:20 +0530

--14dae9340b5f24202a04d71bdd50

*Hi All,*

I found another very interesting project, "Porting NFSv4 from FreeBSD to
DragonFly BSD". I have done a bit of survey related to this and Loic has
helped me locating the source files and documentation.

I am looking for a possible mentor for this project, if the project is
worth doing. Can someone please guide?

I have setup the NFS4 in my lab, on OpenSuse12.1 Linux, and would do it for
DragonFly also, and reading the RFC for the same.

*
----------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Mohit Dhingra
+919611190435*

On 2 March 2013 06:49, Samuel J. Greear <sjg@evilcode.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your interest!
>
> I would suggest mailing Venkatesh Srinivas
> <vsrinivas@crater.dragonflybsd.org> directly and discussing this with
> him, he has been working on the virtio network and block drivers (I do
> not know if there is enough work left there to justify a GSoC project
> or not), but there are also other related projects, like a balloon
> driver (very cool) or porting virtio to vkernels that could be
> investigated. Venk. will certainly know the details/status of these.
>
> Sam
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Mohit Dhingra <mohitdhingras@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am a final year student, Masters by Research, at Indian Institute of
> > Science Bangalore. I want to work in GSoC 2013. I did a survey of
> projects
> > that people did earlier, and I am interested in the projects related to
> > device drivers and virtualization. I looked at "porting virtio device
> > drivers from NetBSD to DragonFly BSD". I have done a research project on
> > virtualization and presented a paper "Resource Usage Monitoring in
> Clouds"
> > in IEEE/ACM Grid in Beijing last year. Can someone please suggest some
> > topics related to this which are yet to be implemented on DragonFly BSD?
> >
> > ----------------------------
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Mohit Dhingra
> > +919611190435

--14dae9340b5f24202a04d71bdd50

eresting project, &quot;Porting NFSv4 from FreeBSD to DragonFly BSD&quot;. =
I have done a bit of survey related to this and Loic has helped me locating=
 the source files and documentation.=A0</div>

t for DragonFly also, and reading the RFC for the same.</div>

" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Thanks for your interest!<br>
I would suggest mailing Venkatesh Srinivas<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:vsrinivas@crater.dragonflybsd.org";>vsrinivas@crater.d=
ragonflybsd.org</a>&gt; directly and discussing this with<br>
him, he has been working on the virtio network and block drivers (I do<br>
not know if there is enough work left there to justify a GSoC project<br>
or not), but there are also other related projects, like a balloon<br>
driver (very cool) or porting virtio to vkernels that could be<br>
investigated. Venk. will certainly know the details/status of these.<br>
Sam<br>
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Mohit Dhingra &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mohitdh=
ingras@gmail.com">mohitdhingras@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi All,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am a final year student, Masters by Research, at Indian Institute of=
&gt; Science Bangalore. I want to work in GSoC 2013. I did a survey of proj=
ects<br>
&gt; that people did earlier, and I am interested in the projects related t=
o<br>
&gt; device drivers and virtualization. I looked at &quot;porting virtio de=
vice<br>
&gt; drivers from NetBSD to DragonFly BSD&quot;. I have done a research pro=
ject on<br>
&gt; virtualization and presented a paper &quot;Resource Usage Monitoring i=
n Clouds&quot;<br>
&gt; in IEEE/ACM Grid in Beijing last year. Can someone please suggest some=
&gt; topics related to this which are yet to be implemented on DragonFly BS=
D?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks &amp; Regards<br>
&gt; Mohit Dhingra<br>