Re: HyperThreading

From: Saman Barghi <saman.b@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:31:24 -0500

Since I moved from FreeBSD I make assumptions, I thought it is enabled by default which seems not to be case. I will build a custom kernel then (or is there a better way !? ) But my question is, why UP is proffered over SMP ?! is there any specific reason !? Does DFBSD perform better in UP rather than SMP mode ?! I just read that UP is the default mode forever (http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2010/10/26/6670.html), it is interesting to know the reason though.

Thanks,
Saman