Virtio drivers and licensing

From: Tim Bisson <bissont@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:38:41 -0800

Hi All,

A couple of you have asked why the virtio-net drivers ported from FreeBSD disappeared from gitorious. I ended up communicating with the author of those drivers. He informed me that there is no license on that code, which means "look but don't touch".

He said that he can't give a BSD license to that code right now. Apparently he jumped the gun in posting that code to the FreeBSD mailing list. I don't want to deal with any legal issues so I just pulled the code from gitourious.

------

The ported NetBSD block driver are still on gitorious (nice BSD license...), but as a result of this, I've lost some steam in porting the net driver.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tim