Re: Bug in thread local storage ?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:47:59 -0800 (PST)

::
::I've recently upgraded some mail servers to DragonFly-2.8 (from 2.6).
::Since the upgrade, mail/milter-greylist has begun crashing.
::
::I have been slowly pinpointing the root cause of the crashes with the
::author of milter-greylist; they are caused by a Thread Local Storage
::behavior specific to DragonFly 2.8+
::
::The attached program has been written by Emmanuel Dreyfus, the author of
::milter-greylist.
:
:    Definite bug.  I'm tracking it down now and will fix it.
:
:					-Matt

    Fixed in master and the 2.8 branch now.  It turns out that nmalloc's
    init code was calling pthread_set_specific() prior to allocating its
    key, so it wound up using key 0.

					<dillon@backplane.com>