Re: ralink has missing firmware: was (Wireless must bee kept alive by simultaneous pings)

From: Max Herrgård <herrgard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:23:11 +0200

30 maj 2010 kl. 21.33 skrev Ed Berger:
Normally such firmware is available only from the manufacturer or specific vendor, either on a supplied install CD, when purchased or off their website as a download.

Generally third parties like don't have legal licensed rights to include it with their distro or offer it free of charge.

elekktretterr@exemail.com.au wrote:
So I decided to try a ralink based card instead and having different issue
now.

Why isnt there ralfw and where can I get this firmware?

I get the same error with my ral card.

Ralink firmwares may be downloaded and redistributed. Think they are here: http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2.
FreeBSD seems to build as a module/in-kernel with firmwares in sys/ contrib/dev/ral: http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/sys/contrib/dev/ral/ .

Hope someone knows what to do :)