Re: Kernel Dump when accessing second drive

From: Dylan Reinhold <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:08:38 -0700

On 05/09/2010 12:15 AM, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I added a second drive, to copy ~100GB's to my machine, but the kernel panics when I try and rsync the data.
The second drive is formated ext2 and mounted as readonly.

I read in LINT that the ext2 might cause a panic.
So I reformatted the drive as FAT32 (Seems to be the only FS that both Linux and DFly will play nicely with).
I still get a panic when trying to untar the data off the drive, so thinking its the drive I just tried my new (well kind of new) SSD drive.
I still get a panic. (I have the core and backtrace, if any on wants to look)

Any ideas, or time to give up.

Thanks,
Dylan