Re: Future of the netgraph in DragonFly?

From: "Dennis Melentyev" <dennis.melentyev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:38:06 +0200

Hi Alexander, Kernel gurus!

Sorry for bringing back quite old topic, but now it's the time I am
interested in mpd :)

Today I just compiled (but not tested) libpdel-0.5.3 (just a bunch of
#ifdefs,  GET_COOKIE() -> fcookie define,  NG_HOOKLEN and NG_PATHLEN
macros).

The problem with mpd4.4.1 is much more complex for me: I'm not that
experienced with make to re-create bsd.ports.mk and friends. Also, I'm
not aware of actual status of DFBSD's netgraph.

Could it be a good day to revisit mpd-on-DragonFly issue?

What can I provide:
1. Access to DFBSD system (home server, semi-production :) ) and
FreeBSD mpd server (router at work, serious production)
2. Testing, some C coding (well, I'm short of DFBSD kernel experience,
but should not be a big problem to grep sources)
3. Beer/Juice/Vodka/Borjomi (in Kiev, via the train, airmail, etc). :)

PS. You can contact me directly if interested and, yes, I do speak Russian :)

/dennis

--
Dennis Melentyev