Re: Source Control system results and discussion

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:48:50 -0700 (PDT)

:Is it really neccessary to support both git and mercurial? Even if I
:voted for git, I'd be just fine with using mercurial (except that I'd
:probably miss gitk). It's in any case a gross improvement over the
:current situation. Maybe those who voted for mercurial think the same
:way. Of course if it's easy to setup this cross-commit facility, then
:just do it, otherwise I don't see a huge benefit in it.
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

    I consider the cost of supporting both to be minimal.  I think it
    is well worth doing.  I don't think creating a cross-commit mirror
    for HEAD between Git and Mercurial would be difficult.  It might
    take more time to create a cross-commit mirror for the release
    branches as well but that is something that can be addressed once
    the basic functionality is in place.

					<dillon@backplane.com>