Re: Network transition complete + PF question

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Cédric Berger <cedric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:09:06 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>     I am trying to find something equivalent with PF and not having much
:>     luck.  Neither CBQ nor HFSC seem to work well.   I can separate certain
:>     types of traffic but the real problem is when there are multiple
:>     TCP connections that are essentially classified the same, and one is
:>     hogging the outgoing bandwidth.
:
:I'm not an export about ALTQ, but how about creating N similar queues,
:and assigning a new TCP connection to one of these queues at random
:using the "probability X%" keyword?
:
:Cedric

That would help. I don't see a 'probability' keyword anywhere though.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>

Ugh, I didn't realize that dragonfly PF version was so old... That code was added on April 2004... http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/pf.c.diff?r1=1.435&r2=1.436

Now porting that code and the is probably a 15 minute job...
Cedric