Re: 1.12 Branching complete

From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:19:46 +0100

On Feb 12, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:

Matthew Dillon wrote:
1.12 has been branched! I've done a rough nrelease build with HEAD
but haven't tested that a nrelease build with 1.12 produces the correct
version information yet. Other then that it went pretty smoothly.

What I'd like to see for the release is that it ships with a kernel where USB is completely disabled (I mean as an addition to GENERIC).

Otherwise it's just unusable on my laptop :(
Or is there a boot sysctl to disable USB completely?

Have you tried to boot without any USB devices attached ???
That helps me in some cases.