Re: URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:12:50 +0900

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 10:10:37AM +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> >  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/dumpnow.diff.gz
> >
> >It starts dumping if you set `sysctl debug.dumpnow=1'.  The network and
> >other things become unresponsive during the dump(as they do during the
> >panic) If dumping takes more than several minutes, you probably need to
> >make another ssh connection to the server.
>
> This sounds very nice!  Would you mind committing this?

I have never used this patch on a busy machine, so it may not work
reliably on such environment (especially on a busy SMP machine).

> I didn't look at the code, but you probably check for the dumpdev to be
> used?  Overwriting swap with memory contents would be disastrous.

All it does is call dumpsys() and decrement the variable `dumping'
which gets incremented before calling dev_ddump().  dumpsys() already
checks to see if dumpdev is set.

Cheers.