Re: URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:10:37 +0200

Hello YONETANI-san,

nice to hear from you again!

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
I wrote a patch some time ago to dump core without panicking
  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/dumpnow.diff.gz

It starts dumping if you set `sysctl debug.dumpnow=1'.  The network and
other things become unresponsive during the dump(as they do during the
panic) If dumping takes more than several minutes, you probably need to
make another ssh connection to the server.

This sounds very nice! Would you mind committing this?

I didn't look at the code, but you probably check for the dumpdev to be used? Overwriting swap with memory contents would be disastrous.

cheers
 simon