Re: Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:33:56 -0700 (PDT)

:Matt,
:
:I have a laptop at home which doesn't work with NATA, because binaries
:seemingly segfault randomly. I think several other people also have seen
:similar errors. Thomas Spanjaard suspected this might be an interrupt
:issue but so far has been unable to reproduce it because none of his
:hardware exhibits the bug (another box I have runs fine with NATA).
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2007-02/msg00122.html
:
:Sascha

    Ok, it sounds like you and Sepherosa have the same issue.  Please
    report the atapci*, ata*, and ad* lines in the dmesg / console output.

    Sepherosa reported:

atapci0: <Intel ICH3 ATA100 controller> port
ad0: 76319MB <Hitachi HTS541280H9AT00> [155061/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100

    I'm wondering if your laptop detects the same controller.  If so it
    could simply be broken settings for that particular controller.

					<dillon@backplane.com>