Re: FYI port of CARP as a student project

To: "Max N. Herrgaard" <herrgaard@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:24:34 -0500

Max N. Herrgaard wrote:
Hello,

In our last year of studies, we've got to choose a project on which we
will work one entire month and we've chosen to port CARP to DragonFly
because it brings together network protocol and programming. And that
will make a great experience for a real project.

So this project will start and end in February and 3 persons will work on it.
I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Regards,

jonthn

Great choice! I'm looking forward to test it. I hope you learn a lot
on the way :-)

This is one of the stumbling blocks of getting pfSense ported over to DragonFly. Glad to hear that you are taking this work on. I will also be happy to test when you have patches ready.

Scott