Re: Cache coherency, clustering, and Kernel virtualization

From: "est_seg@xxxxx" <est_seg@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:04:12 +0200

Hi!

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Yes and no. Xen itself needs a host kernel for the hardware support.
Current implementations are Linux and NetBSD for Xen3, FreeBSD support
is in progress (IIRC).

It is also port of Plan9... Opensolaris guys have their kernel running in domain0.
I would love to have dragonfly port too. I use xen in my two servers for private purposes and I am going to buy new amd64x2 or core duo to have hardware support of virtualization .. just to have other systems running (also dfbsd).

cheers

Piotr J.