Re: leaf is going to be down through monday morning.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:08:22 -0700 (PDT)

:too bad, I have a thread library supports C++ object unwinding on leaf
:machine, it can both be used by dragonfly and freebsd, am I totally
:lost ? I should search it on my local disks now.
:
:David Xu

    It may be recoverable.

    Leaf is now back up with the June 1 backup restored on it.

    I managed to restore a good chunk of /home from the crashed disk.  A
    lot of directory linkages were lost, though, and probably a lot of
    data considering the number of read errors I got on the original disk
    while I was making a copy of it.

    I am now in the midst of copying the restored /home directories to
    /build/lost+found on leaf.  It will probably take a few hours to copy
    them all over. However, if you don't want to wait, you can look in:

    leaf:/mnt2/lost+found

    Please do not write to that filesystem, however, it's a forced mount
    of an unclean disk image that has been fscked once, but is still a
    mess.

    Pleaes copy all the restored data that you want to keep that isn't already
    in your home directory back to your home directory.  I'll leave the stuff
    in /build for a month or so before I delete it.  Once the /mnt2 -> /build
    copy is finished, I will remove /mnt2 since it is a temporary VN disk
    mounted on top of an NFS-mounted disk image.