Re: MySQL Threading ?

From: David Xu <bsddiy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:20:27 +0800

Stefan Krüger wrote:

> David Rhodus wrote:
>> Has anyone messed around to see how much work it would be to get mysql
>> linking with David Xu's 1:1 threading library ?
>>
>> -DR
> IIRC libthread_xu has still problems with pthread_kill and/or signals,
> so even if you get mqsql linking with it, it might not work at all...

I think, the dragonflybsd kernel has to finish its LWP support first,
this includes job-control and lwpid allocation for multithreaded process,
it is even necessary for debugging support. Last time, I tried to hack from
low level i386 code, would like to make LDT code works for multiple lwps
first,the context switch code kicked me out because the current thread
pointer to somewhat diffcult to get, this is why I want context switch
code written in C language. Also I lack of time to work on another OS
development at present. :-(

David Xu