random premission changes

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 06:37:17 -0500

For the past 6+ months I've been seeing /dev/null end up with a
permission of 700.  This causes services like sendmail and mysql to
error.  I'm not sure if fsck is changing them after a crash or if it
is something else going on.  Right now is appears to be random as I've
not been checking the permissions after every unclean shutdown.

Has anyone else seen this ?

-DR