Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:48:25 +0200

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
It is free! They have free licenses for open-source projects.
I was thinking more from a point of view of sharing source code and spending valuable time on troubleshooting or coding.

Simon said (teehee) they offer 30 days free support, even on their free licenses.

Also what about the future?
(Didn't Linux kernel have issues with its previous "proprietary" system -- not bugs but for revision control etc.?)

That's because they had a limited license. JIRA's free license is indefinite per product.

Also does it depend on java?
Yes, it runs on java, and this pretty good, I have to say :)
It just adds more to maintain.

True, but we really need Java to work, even without JIRA.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx