Re: PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

    Current kernels are (supposed to be) backwards compatible, so it
    might suffice to create another jailed root with a 1.2 environment
    installed in it to maintain packages for 1.2.  We certainly have enough
    disk space to support several environments.

    Jeremy, if I set-up another jail with a 1.2 compile environment (e.g.
    everything from the 1.2 release track except certain static binaries
    like 'ps' which would have to be the ones for the actual kernel that is
    running), would it be much of a burden to run package builds in it as
    well?