Re: cvs crosscheck up again

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:08:53 -0400

At 11:04 PM +0200 7/15/05, Andreas Kohn wrote:
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 16:30 -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
 I like the idea of having some attempt to collect change-sets.
 Another "cvs-via-web" setup that does this is:

http://www.openafs.org/frameset/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/openafs/

 > which has some other interesting ideas.
 >                 ... 'show deltas' ...

** DELTA move-readmes-one-level-up-20010716 **

This certainly looks interesting. The name seems to be entered by the developer, at least this is what their CVSROOT/template-openafs suggests:

[klamath] /tmp/test/CVSROOT>cat template-openafs
DELTA some-name-yyyymmdd
AUTHOR contributor@xxxxxxxxx

I wonder how disciplined committers you would need for such a
scheme to work out... :)

Well, it would probably be good enough just to create it on the fly, made up of the name of the committer followed by the date of the commit. That would be an improvement over what we have now, and does not depend on the developers doing anything special. And it can be done automatically, after the fact, by a process such as the 'cvs crosscheck' site.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx