Re: cvs crosscheck up again

From: Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:04:24 +0200

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 16:30 -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> I like the idea of having some attempt to collect change-sets.
> Another "cvs-via-web" setup that does this is:
>
> http://www.openafs.org/frameset/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/openafs/
>
> which has some other interesting ideas.  You might have to bounce
> around a bit to notice them.  They have a 'show deltas' option which
> is something like a named-link to a change set (I have no idea where
> the name comes from).  When you click on it, you get a simple listing
> of which files where effected by that changeset.  Something along the
> lines of:
>
> ** DELTA move-readmes-one-level-up-20010716 **

This certainly looks interesting. The name seems to be entered by the
developer, at least this is what their CVSROOT/template-openafs
suggests:

[klamath] /tmp/test/CVSROOT>cat template-openafs
DELTA some-name-yyyymmdd
AUTHOR contributor@xxxxxxxxx

I wonder how disciplined committers you would need for such a scheme to
work out... :)

--
Andreas

--
<TalisA> was macht man eigentlich auf einer linux-gamer lan ? hl server
aufsetzen und freuen ? *duck* ^^