Re: HEADS UP! Upcoming work in HEAD and other events!

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:12:19 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:

The installer project has its own mailing lists and source base:

http://www.bsdinstaller.com/

Most of the developers (e.g. like Erik Nygaard, Chris Pressey, Justin Sherrill, and Scott Ullrich) are also on these lists.

     I don't know the status of pending work on the installer, but I
     don't think anyone has added an 'upgrade' option to it yet.  They
     would welcome work in that regard.

The installer project is primarily used by the DragonFly project
but has a goal of being ported to multiple BSDs. They've integrated both DragonFly and FreeBSD.

The new version of the installer does feature a binary upgrade option. With that said, we can always use more resources if someone is wishing to jump in and help out.

Scott