Re: Dfly-1.2.0 using fbsdports+firebirdsql

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:20:00 +0200

Chris Pressey wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:32:25 +0200
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx> wrote:

-On [20050420 12:02], Thomas E. Spanjaard (tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Does 'backport' sound any good?

Ow, nice and generic, and not an acronym!

+1

Agreed. I like 'backport', or maybe 'backmerge'.

I think the reason MFC has "wordness" in FreeBSD is because it's so
darned common, because of the branched development model.  In DragonFly
it should be correspondingly less frequent, so the only real trick is
to stop saying it out of habit :)

-Chris

Well I remember that the first time I encountered MFC and asked what it was, they explained it that it was a _backport_ from the head to whatever branch it was in the context of the sentence.
So backport definitely hits high on my "uncomplicated word list" :-)

--
mph