Re: New nvidia driver obstacle

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:34:32 +0200 CEST

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:50:58PM +0200, Jonas Sundström wrote:
> > BTW, what functionality of the nvidia binaries don't have
> > counterparts in available open-source drivers?
>
> Anything 3D related on anything never than a TNT or so?

There may be others, but at least one that I know of is actively
working on an open-source nvidia driver with hardware-accelerated 3D.
I've used his drivers since 2003. The 3D work has begun recently, and
it's still very early. He's not targetting Linux/BSD/X, but the source
is MIT-licensed, like the rest of Haiku.

His 3D blog:
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/be-hold/BeOS/NVdriver/3dnews.html

As a longtime BeOS user/developer and future Haiku ditto
it's very exciting to read of his progress in the realm of 3D. :)

/Jonas Sundström.                  www.kirilla.com