New nvidia driver obstacle

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:03:30 +0200

Hi,

It seems that NVIDIA was so kind to release another driver for FreeBSD, so I
took it upon myself again to port it over to our fine OS.

But,,,

It seems that they cut loose all compat with FreeBSD4 wrt userland, so
although I have the kernel part working (module loads fine), the buissness
end is very broken for us! *sob*

I will contact the guys at NVIDIA tomorrow or during this week for a solution,
but it will take quite a bit longer than anticipated.

The Xorg/XFree86 graphics driver part depends heavily on a FreeBSD5 userland
(KSE, TLS and (presumably) _their_ libc5) and hence will not load. No crashes
and other nasty stuff, but unresolved symbols are plagueing me. No love :(

I will keep you guys posted about any progress.

Crap. There I was, thinking I could do it in an evening ;)

Cheers,
Emiel
--
You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.