Re: Release page review / comments, plus HEADS UP to our mirrors.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

:...
:550 5.0.0 You cannot send email directly from a DSL or CABLEMODEM or other mass-media host, you must instead relay it through your ISP's mail host.  Sorry, there is too much spam coming from customers of your ISP and your ISP is not doing a good job of stopping it.  If you are a legitimate mail domain you must have a correctly configured reverse DNS.
:
:BTW: what do you mean by "correctly configured reverse DNS"? Forward
:and reverse lookup match... do you mean the PTR record should resolve
:to one of my domains?

    The forward and reverse DNS has to match and should point at a domain
    instead of at the ISP's address pool name.

    Alternatively you should simply be able to relay the mail through your
    ISP's SMTP server, which is what most people do.

:> Minor issue: "TLS" isn't explained anywhere. At first I associated
:> it with "Transport Layer Security" but that doesn't make sense...
:> It's "Thread Local Storage", right?

    TLS means 'thread local storage'.  It's a model being used more and more
    often by threading libraries and threaded code.