Re: HEAD broken at the moment?

To: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:44:05 -0400

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
But `make -sj5 buildworld' on a source tree without -P worked for me.
I think the real issue is here:

make buildworld MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/ > & ~/build_log
You're trying to put generated files inside your source tree. It may work
for a build in a sub directory, but probably not for buildworld.
And I wonder if specifying MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX or DESTDIR with anything
other than via environment variable works well with bulidworld, because
variable assignment on command line has higher precedence than via
environment variable, and it gets passed down recursively via MAKEFLAGS.

The puzzling thing is that this worked great when I did the openssh-3.9p1 import. Is this something to do with the SUS changes? I remember on 5.X the create jail script changed and it sounds somewhat similar where you have to pass the ENV variables down the stack.

If I need to do the import on my local box its no big deal but I feel more confident in doing the import on leaf and building world since thats a virgin environment and it really allows the bugs to surface.

I'm just trying to avoid breaking the buildworld tree for others ;)

Scott