Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:45:33 +0200

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:43:54PM +0000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> That's a thought.  But then you need to copy large quantities of world
> into the jail -- not only base system but an unpredictable number of
> packages.  Rather clumsy to do this, and keep the jail world uptodate,
> every time you want to install a port.  But perhaps one can use nullfs
> or unionfs for that.  In fact I think that's basically what pkg_comp
> does.

Check the scripts. I have to do exactly four things:
(a) install a jail and keep it to current
(b) install a ports+dfports tree with the scripts
(c) specify which ports should be build and customize the settings
(d) run update.sh

The result is a directory with current packages, ready to install.

Joerg