Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:26:04 -0700 (PDT)

>     DEVELOPMENT
>     PREVIEW
>     RELEASE+subversions
>     PRODUCTION.  So, e.g.  lets say that by the time we get

I like it.  It's simple, it's easy to follow, and there's no
-CURRENT/-STABLE/-RELEASE baggage carried over from any other
development group.

Committers and the very daring track -DEVEL, those that want to track
new features without too much worry about system downtime track
-PREVIEW, and those that want to set-it-and-forget-it can jump from
-RELEASE to -RELEASE, or -PRODUCTION to -PRODUCTION.

I also really like the idea of "no new features added to a -RELEASE
branch".  Feature freeze it, and then just debug it as needed.

Nice.
--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]