Re: installing jdk14 damages filesytem?

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:54:53 -0500

Jonas Sundström wrote:
Imagine porting Unix software to non-Unix/somewhat-POSIX platforms. Only once every blue moon things actually build out of the box. Portability between unixes is a rather narrow objective considering the diversity of the other platforms.

I've been toying with Interix lately; I've been pleasantly surprised by how well various tools build. I was not expecting that at all.

Though I really dislike how Interix *insists* that $HOME is /dev/fs/C/Documents\ and\ Settings/dacut -- those spaces break a lot of scripts.